Join us for a webinar –
Expanded Core Curriculum – Learning for Life!
for families of children with blindness or vision impairment, birth through elementary school
June 25, 2020, 4:00 – 5:15 pm
Register now at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7809095926273153805
(you may have to cut and paste this into your browser)
Registration deadline is noon, June 22, 2020. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Join us as we explore the Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC). Learn how your family can start early in sharing concepts and skills from the ECC with your children throughout normal, daily activities!
Some of the areas uniquely affected by impaired vision and included in the ECC are:
- Sensory Efficiency: Using all senses to access information in an efficient manner;
- Orientation & Mobility: Navigating independently and safely by knowing one’s position relative to other people, objects and places;
- Social Interaction: Learning how to behave in social situations without the benefit of non-verbal cues;
- Recreation & Leisure: Participating in physical activity and learning how to plan for and incorporate social and leisure time in one’s schedule; and
- Independent Living: Taking care of oneself as independently as possible.
Target Audience: Parents of children with blindness or vision impairments and professionals. The focus is on children from birth through elementary school, but all are welcome.
This webinar is sponsored by Education Services of the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired and Outreach Services of the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind.
We hope you can join us!