FREE Diagnostic Services for Virginia Residents
Early identification of childhood hearing loss is of crucial importance to the child’s language development and academic performance. On the other hand, undiagnosed and unmanaged hearing loss during childhood places a significant risk of language delay, poor academic performance, and reduced social confidence.
Outcomes may be greatly improved by early identification of hearing loss and appropriate follow-up care. If there are concerns for your child’s language development or listening behaviors, your physician may recommend audiology testing to rule out underlying hearing loss.
VSDB offers FREE diagnostic audiology services for Virginia children:
- Newborn hearing screening and follow-up (birth to 6 months)
- Comprehensive hearing testing (7 months through 21 years)
- Auditory brainstem response testing (by referral)
- Hearing loss resources and counseling
- Monitoring of children with a family history of hearing loss or middle ear pathology
Daniel E. Shearer, Au.D.
Dr. Shearer, a graduate of James Madison University, has specialized in pediatric audiology since 2014. Prior to returning to his home state of Virginia, Dr. Shearer practiced at numerous pediatric clinics across Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.