FREE Diagnostic Services for Virginia Residents
Early identification of childhood hearing loss is of crucial importance to the child’s language development and academic performance. On the other hand, undiagnosed and unmanaged hearing loss during childhood places a significant risk of language delay, poor academic performance, and reduced social confidence.
Outcomes may be greatly improved by early identification of hearing loss and appropriate follow-up care. If there are concerns for your child’s language development or listening behaviors, your physician may recommend audiology testing to rule out underlying hearing loss.
Lindsey Richard, a graduate of Longwood University and James Madison University, has been practicing Audiology since 2012. Dr. Richard has served patients in Ear, Nose, and Throat clinics as well as Audiology private practices in both North Carolina and Virginia.
VSDB offers FREE diagnostic audiology services for Virginia children:
- Newborn hearing screening and follow-up (birth to 6 months)
- Comprehensive hearing testing (7 months through 21 years)
- Auditory brainstem response testing (by referral)
- Hearing loss resources and counseling
- Monitoring of children with a family history of hearing loss or middle ear pathology